The worst fear about traveling with your bike and gear, is realizing that something went terribly wrong during transit and could jeopardize your ride. These tips and tricks will help you and your bike safely get to your destination.
- Start with a clean bike - before you start packing up your bike, make sure it is clean and ready to ride when you make it to your destination.
- When removing your bottle cages, always remove the lower screw first. Failure to do so can allow the bottle cage to swing around, potentially causing paint damage.
- A cardboard shipping tube can be used as a headset spacer to prevent bearing races sliding against steerer tube.
- Inexpensive foam pool noodles are excellent for protection of the rear triangle, fork and handlebars.
- Velcro cable ties are inexpensive and a reusable option to secure components, foam and bubble wrap.
Check out our video below for more insights on safely packing your bike for travel.
PICK UP THE PRODUCTS SHOWN IN THE VIDEo